This scholarship seeks to ensure the representation of residents at International House are well rounded in academic, leadership, cross-cultural relationships, community and professional development areas. This scholarship is designed not for the resident with the very best academic scores, but to attract individuals who excel in other areas also, such as community participation, cross-cultural activity, cultural pursuits and, leadership and professional development. The scholarship is competitive and based upon an evaluation of the applicant’s personal statement, academic performance, extracurricular and/or work activity, community and volunteer work and, personal recommendations from school principals or community leaders.
The scholarship will be paid as a reduction in International House college fees.
To be eligible applicants must:
- have applied to be a commencing resident of International House
- be enrolled as a full-time student in an undergraduate university program
- be able to participate in a selection panel interview
- remain enrolled in full-time study for Semester 1 and Semester 2 in year of Award
- remain a resident of International House for Semester 1 and Semester 2 in year of Award
- maintain a GPA of 5.0 or above for Semester 1 and Semester 2 in year of Award
Applicants are reviewed on:
- academic achievements during High School years 10-12 (or equivalent)
- academic extra-curricular activities you have been involved in for example; subject awards, year level academic awards, musical achievements, team membership/roles – debating, science, maths etc
- leadership roles performed during High School years 10-12 (or equivalent)
- level of involvement, time commitment and responsibilities in for example School Captain or other school leadership, community leadership, volunteering, etc
- personal aspirations and career goals for the future
- desire to stay at International House
How to apply
Applicants should provide
- certificates/documents regarding academic achievement, leadership, community involvement etc
- submit a personal statement (one A4 page maximum) outlining community involvement within your school, extracurricular activities or within your local community and your personal interests (attach supporting documents such as letter of reference, certificate of participation etc.)
- submit a personal statement outlining aspirations and career goals for the future, and why staying at International House will help you achieve these.
- provide evidence of academic achievement or most recent GPA
- provide a personal reference letter from a school principal or community leader
Print and forward the application and all supporting documents to:
Private and Confidential Award Application
1/5 Rock Street
ST LUCIA QLD 4350
Applications must be received by 5.00pm last Friday in January.
Please direct all enquiries regarding the IH Award Program to:
P: 07 3721 2485
M: 0438 424 261