ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM 2014
The Associate Member Program has been designed to support non-residential undergraduate and postgraduate University students who would like to experience college life but who do not reside at International House. Associate members have the opportunity to become a member of the College community, enjoy a campus experience, benefit from personal learning in small tutorials, use College facilities and resources, and participate in a wide range of social and cultural activities within a diverse population of students and staff.
Associate Membership Key Features:
· Full participation in the weekly tutorial program;
· Pastoral care and academic support;
· Formal dinners (called Bara Khana);
· Orientation Week (there may be further out-of-pocket expenses depending on the activity);
· 20 complimentary meal vouchers;
· Meals at any other times ($8.50);
· Social and cultural events in the International House calendar;
· Membership of the International House Student Club Inc;
· International House Foundation Ltd personal and professional development opportunities (leadership/professional evenings).
Please note that Associate Members cannot participate in the Inter-College Council (ICC) Sporting or Cultural Cup activities, however, they are encouraged to attend and support the teams and are welcome to attend any social outings organised by the Social members. Associate Members are welcome to visit the College at their discretion, but must adhere to all rules and regulations as per the 2014 International House Resident Handbook. A grant to subsidise this program is available through the Office of Undergraduate Education. Please go to http://www.uq.edu.au/undergraduate/uqcamg for more information.
Completing your application:
Return this completed application form to International House together with:
· 2 passport-sized photographs;
· The application fee for 1 or 2 semesters;
· Your University course offer;
· If you already attending university, please send us a copy of your University results;
International House certifies that all information you provide on the attached application will be used only for the purposes of the College.
Please return all information by either post and/or email to the address at the top of this sheet.